How we give back to the communities where we live and work
We are committed to making a positive impact on our communities through three key areas of focus: underserved communities, environmental and social governance initiatives, and diversity and inclusion. These programs are designed to naturally extend to the communities where you live and work, giving you the opportunity to participate in meaningful ways.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our goal is to be known as a leading, contemporary organization driven by diverse, equitable and inclusive practices that enable everyone to feel included, respected and valued. We want our employees and field members to be representative and inclusive of the widely diverse Canadians we serve.
To do this we actively support programs in the communities in which we serve; fostering new partnerships and by being an organization that champions social initiatives that drive meaningful change.
• We are committed to representing the diversity of Canada at all levels within IG, through partnerships with PRIDE @ Work Canada and the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI).
• We are committed to the advancement of women in our industry with the signing of United Nation’s Women Empowerment Principles in 2018, and partnerships with Gender and the Economy (GATE), Catalyst: Workplaces that work for Women, Women Executive Network and Women in Capital Markets.
• We are committed to our shared journey of reconciliation through the signing of the Winnipeg Indigenous Accord in 2018 and support/partnership with The Gord Downie & Chanie Wenjack Fund—including the creation of Winnipeg’s first Legacy Space as well as the national observance of Orange Shirt Day.
• We are committed to ending Anti-Black Systemic Racism with IGM Financial and our related companies’ signing the BlackNorth Pledge in 2020.
• We are committed to continuous learning and awareness through unconscious bias and inclusive leadership training as well as the observance and promotion of various cultural and social events (i.e. Black History Month, Pride Month, National Indigenous People’s Day, International Women’s Day, and more)
• We actively provide a voice to our employees and field members through multiple national and local advisory and partner in action groups.
Together, we can actively do better and become better.