Supplemental health care and dental insurance plans can help you pay for many common medical expenses that aren’t covered – or only partially covered – by government health insurance plans.
Health and dental insurance
Why is it important?
These expenses can include:
- Prescription drugs
- Paramedical services (e.g. physiotherapy, chiropractic and massage therapy)
- Hospital rooms (private and semi-private)
- Dental work
- Vision care
Things to keep in mind
Supplemental health care and dental insurance plans can provide much needed coverage for a variety of people, such as:
- Those who are just starting their careers, but don’t yet belong to an employer group health plan
- Self-employed individuals
- Those who work for a company that doesn’t offer a group health plan
What Kind of Insurance Do You Need?
Protect your loved ones and your assets by getting the right coverage.
Combating Cancer with Critical...
Cancer isn't just physically and emotionally draining, it’s tough on the finances, too....
Passing on the Family Cottage
If you wish to leave your cottage to your children, plan ahead to get everyone on board and...
What Happens When Health Insurance Ends?
Extended health coverage goes away when you leave your job. Here’s how to adapt.
Insurance products and services distributed through I.G. Insurance Services Inc. (in Québec, a Financial Services Firm). Insurance license sponsored by The Great-West Life Assurance Company (outside of Québec).